On 01/25/2018 10:06 AM, Adrian Carpenter wrote:
Hi All,

We’ve been running a supermicro box with LSI SATA/SAS 8e HBA connected to
SuperMicro 2 x JBOD boxes with 2 x 45 disks,  its been running really really
stable,  but thought it was time to upgrade,  after the upgrade only 75 disks are
seen!  I’ve checked against 151a7 and FreeBSD -  both show the correct number of
disks > 92.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Adrian

I've got something somewhat similar, judging by the description.

FWIW, I've had better luck getting my JBOD disks seen if I boot the CPU box, and only once I've got a logon screen I turn on the drive arrays. I have no idea why, but I will note that I've got SATA expanders in the system which seem to have caused issues at various stages in the evolution of the system (which goes back to 151a7 as well). It sometimes seems to help to "touch reconfigure" before booting, too.