<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext>
On 25.01.18 19:58, Alan Coopersmith  <alan.coopersm...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 01/25/18 10:40 AM, russell wrote:
> > Is there any immediate danger of Mozilla retiring the 32bit version of
> > Firefox?
>
> I believe the most immediate item of concern is that Firefox now uses code
> written in Rust, so you'll be limited to platforms that the Rust compiler
> generates code for, and I don't know if anyone is bothering to do 32-bit code
> generation for Solaris/illumos in Rust.

I did some attempts to package rustc for OI, based on the kind of SmartOS, but
with no success for now:
https://github.com/cgrzemba/oi-userland/tree/rust/components/developer/rust

For Rust community is Solaris a tier 3 platform which means no support.
But the recipe tries to download the rust-std library wich is not available for
Solaris.
I have no pkgsrc build system to see how it works for SmartOS.
I would be grateful if anyone can give some advice.