On 01/26/18 10:41 AM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 10:11 AM, Carsten Grzemba <grze...@contac-dt.de>
wrote:

<signaturebeforequotedtext></signaturebeforequotedtext>
On 25.01.18 19:58, Alan Coopersmith  <alan.coopersm...@oracle.com> wrote:
On 01/25/18 10:40 AM, russell wrote:
Is there any immediate danger of Mozilla retiring the 32bit version of
Firefox?
I believe the most immediate item of concern is that Firefox now uses
code
written in Rust, so you'll be limited to platforms that the Rust compiler
generates code for, and I don't know if anyone is bothering to do 32-bit
code
generation for Solaris/illumos in Rust.

I did some attempts to package rustc for OI, based on the kind of SmartOS,
but with no success for now:
https://github.com/cgrzemba/oi-userland/tree/rust/
components/developer/rust

For Rust community is Solaris a tier 3 platform which means no support.
But the recipe tries to download the rust-std library wich is not
available for Solaris.
I have no pkgsrc build system to see how it works for SmartOS.
I would be grateful if anyone can give some advice.

I created a component for Rust some time ago.
I'll try to push it later today as an example.
Not sure whether it will work with recent versions.

I updated my work on github but it throws still erros on build because it use cc instead of gcc for linking, although I set

--default-linker=gcc

and

RUSTFLAGS="-C linker=gcc"

The similar setup works with pkgsrc on smartos.

Perhaps someone has an idea?