On 03/06/18 08:57 AM, Francis.D wrote:
Hi,

Download and install in Virtualbox. Installation process work perfectly,
Installation gimp, filezilla, inkscape, Libreoffice52 work with a repo
sfe.   Installation developer/gcc - gcc-49 build/cmake- cmake/src work but
when I tried to make a compilation of vlc 3.0.1 doesn't work. error message
gcc

Some basic software such as smplayer, vlc, clementine, yarock are missing
in the repository.

For multimedia, this is currently inadequate

basic hardware motherboard asus m5n, AMD Phenom x2 550, 4 go ram, ati 5450
video card,Sound card asus d1 (driver cmi8788) not found.

In the next few days, I'll try an installation on pc.

regard

Hi.
1) Current testing is not related to multimedia, we want to know general user experience with new illumos-gate bits. 2) You can always use http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered/ repository to get a basic set of multimedia packages (basically, vlc and gstreamer codecs). 3) If you find that some software is missing, nothing prvents you from adding it to oi-userland. There's always an issue - the more software we have, more power we need to support it. And with basic team of 3-5 men it's a big problem.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,