On 03/13/18 07:22 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:16 PM, Nikola M <minik...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 03/13/18 01:30 PM, Aurelien Larcher wrote:

Le Mardi 13 mars 2018, Nikola M a écrit :

On 03/13/18 09:40 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos via openindiana-discuss wrote:

Roll back data-xkb to previous version.
pkg install data-xkb@2.22

I guess they broke the keymaps again...

I did it but still I cannot type Greek in pluma,and in LibreOffice when
I type ; + vowel I see'v. So I guess they did not broke keymaps,
theyactualy f%^&* them...
A.S.

Maybe going back to BE where it is all working and figure out on what
exact osnet-incorporation and userland-incorporation it were last
working, and on what update it started not working.

This is since March 7. It seems that the update of data-xkb has sneaky
side effects since I got two environments with same english+swedish
keyboards to update differently: one working, one losing the accents.

This obvioiusly can't pass to IPS snapshot before April (ISO) freeze..
Getting back to older that works, whatever.

This does not seem related to the data-xkb update, I have a laptop with
2.22 that shows the same issue and nothing in the keymap commits between
2.22 and 2.23.1 stands out.

I have just spent one hour trying to find the cause without success but
getting the accents back by using ibus.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get ibus to work for lightdm.

If you have any idea how to solve the problem...

I have installed Xubuntu, it also uses lightdm.

And then pkg freeze of a working package and then update the rest
(possibly with ' pkg change-facet
facet.require.consolidation/userland/userland-incorporation=false '
and/or ' pkg uninstall userland-incorporation ' ? )

So it seems it is an upstream bug, that might affect other kernel
distributions, too?
Is it in line to report it on both as OI  Issue and an upstream bug ?
Benefits of Rolling-release with spotting bugs early and fixing upstream
projects, I presume..