On 05/02/2018 07:25 AM, srvr_...@srvr-tmpl.ikhider.com wrote:
Hello,

I know there are graphics drivers for Nvidea hardware, but my hardware is AMD.

What is the status for AMD grahics drivers on OI? Is it one of those long-term, "one day...when GNU HURD dominates the marketplace on consumer and enterprise systems".

SM

If you have (very) old enough graphics card, you may use the Xorg driver (it's either called 'ati', or 'radeon') and you should have all the functionality. For anything newer the functionality moved from the Xorg driver to kernel. So for OpenIndiana to have AMD GFX support, we would have to port the Linux code the way it was done with the Intel driver. Otherwise you have to stick with 'vesa' driver.

Michal