Hi,
a while ago the decision was made to reorganize the components by category
in oi-userland as the number of items in 'components' directory made it
difficult to skim through the repo.

The layout is described at:

https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Categories+layout

Some weeks ago I scripted the move + some cosmetic modifications:

https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/3974

but 50 components still need to be processed: usually it means that these
components have not been touched in a while and need some love (update,
security patches, conversion to 64-bit).
Therefore instead of a blind mass move, a move-on-update would be better...

Would you be interested in starting to contribute to oi-userland, this is
one of the possible tracks.

You can choose one component in the list, cherry-pick the corresponding
commit from my branch, make it yours and update/patch the component if
applicable...

Kind regards,

Aurélien

--