On 07/25/18 04:46 PM, russell wrote:
Hi,

I have been VirtualBox 5.2.14 since it came out without any issues until I performed a pkg update on 22nd July. Everytime I perform a pkg update I always specify a new boot environment, so last update which VirtualBox 5.2.14 worked on is the one I performed on the 12th July. I have made this BE activate so I do not have to remember to select it on boot.

Regards

Russell

I think it might be the "eager FPU" changes which landed in illumos-gate on June 13th:

https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/4c28a617e3922d92a58e813a5b955eb526b9c386
https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/a32a1f376ed9360264e4a374608fdcc5c4927d63

It's reported to the authors of those patches at https://github.com/joyent/smartos-live/issues/792.

I don't know of a workaround apart from sticking to versions before the change.

Michal