On 10/18/18 04:59 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
On 10/18/18 05:55 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
This is strange, why in the world should the settings-daemon
read the fontpathes in an infinite loop ? Looks like its constantly
thinking the mate font configuration has changed.

I don't know about infinite loop, but you'll see libfontconfig iterating
through all the fonts in all the directories when it thinks its font
caches are out of date.   On Solarish systems, we have an SMF service
svc:/application/font/fc-cache to ensure the caches are up-to-date at
system boot and when IPS packages with fonts are installed, so it would
be good to check that's running and not reporting any errors in the SMF
logs for it.

At the very same time we updated MATE we also bumped fontconfig to 2.13.1 (https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/4494). Aurélien, any ideas?

Predrag, do you have fontconfig 2.13.1? And by a chance can you check that you don't have a symlink loop from /usr/share/fonts to /etc/X11/fontpath.d or something like that?