On 1/11/2018 1:22 PM, Carl Brewer wrote:

G'day,
I've had a few tries at installing OI on a new Gigabyte H370M D3H motherboard (i5 CPU).  A few of you here have helped a bit, and it got to the point where it would almost start up - thank you Aurélien in particular, but I'm stuck again, trying to use a USB image to install.

The MB has a few BIOS settings relating to SATA, that may be part (or all?!) of the problem.

There's some BIOS options that might be relevant?

"CSM Support" : Enables or disables UEFI CSM to support a legacy PC boot process

I assume that wants to be set to "Enabled" as that then allows the following to be set - the default seems to be "Enabled"

"Storage boot option control" : allows you to select whether to enable the UEFI or legacy option ROM for the storage device controller

I assume that wants to be set to legacy?

Also, the SATA and RST config
SATA mode can be set, It can be Intel RST with optane. or AHCI.  I assume AHCI?

Scratch the "not quite working", it's installing now, with those BIOS settings, using a build that Aurelian gave me last week.

Carl