On 08/25/19 12:11 AM, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
Hi All,

I am working my way more an more into the illumos based distros like
SmartOS, OmniOS, and OpenIndiana.

While still trying to get a good feel for each to see how they are best
used, I started to think about connection protocols.

I know that you can connect to VM's running on SmartOS via VNC, but would
like to know if OpenIndiana can also run NX (NoMachine), rdesktop (RDP) or
FreeRDP clients?

In particular, I am interested in know if it can run RDP clients as I think
that they offer a lot of potential over VNC.

Cheers and have a good weekend,
Lonnie

We have fairly recent rdesktop and soon FreeRDP but I am not aware of any RDP server, like xrdp, in our distribution, nor NX.

Michal