In regard to: Re: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Booting OI DVD/USB, Till Wegmüller...:

Yes I was referring to windows as host and OI as guest. For the Guest it
should be a normal USB device.

That was my confusion, sorry.  I was so focused on "OI" that I forgot
to even consider VirtualBox hosted on a non-OI platform.  :-|

What you were actually suggesting should indeed work, and is a great
suggestion for something to try.

Sorry for adding my confusion to the thread...

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             tim.moo...@ndsu.edu
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /