Greetings!

I have recently returned to OI after the 2019.10 release and have some challenges.  I'll ask about them in separate messages.

MATE is running as my graphical desktop. With no other activity, when I move my cursor, it will pause every five to fifteen seconds.  This can be a problem because mouse clicks and dragging sometimes fail due to this pause.  If X is drawing anything at that time, it also pauses momentarily.  Being a developer and also remotely controlling customer computers, this pause can wreak havoc on whatever I'm working on.

On a whim I decided to start glxgears and minimize it.  There are no more pauses when glxgears is running minimized/iconified.

Is there some power-saving feature or CPU auto-throttler that I need to disable in order to have a smooth desktop experience?  Is there some Xorg extension that tries to save energy and causes these pauses?

Thank you! :-)

System Info:
- - - -
OI Release: 2019.10