Am 10.11.2019 um 03:21 schrieb L Sitongia:
On 11/07/19 05:47 AM, Alexander Pyhalov via openindiana-discuss wrote:
Hi.

OpenIndiana Hipster 2019.10 snapshot is ready.

Thank you.

Sorry to be clueless, but how do I upgrade to this? I'm running
2019.04 on an older Intel NUC. I periodically run "pfexec pkg
image-update", but apparently that does not do a major upgrade like
I'm looking for. Do I download an installer USB/DVD and it will
upgrade the boot environment that I'm running now? I don't see
information about this in the Documentation, Wiki or the searchable
list at Mail Archive.

Hipster is a rolling release. You don't need to install from USB/DVD
again. What you only need to do is "pfexec pkg update" (or "pkg update
-nv" for a dry-run (-n) and more verbose information (-v)).
This will typically create a new boot environment which needs to be
activated by a reboot initiated by"pfexec init 6".

Regards
Andreas