On 04/23/21 09:42 PM, Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss wrote:
It *appears* to be connected with selecting options 5, 6 & 7 before booting to
multi-user.  I'll investigate further after it's been running a while.  I'm
supposed have 64 GB of DRAM arrive today.

I'm purely guessing, but I suspect that the "Reconfigure" option is what made
it work.

This install was to a 3 disk RAIDZ1, so I have to redo the install for a 4 disk RAIDZ2.
I'll test my "Reconfigure" hypothesis when I do that.

There may be other wrinkles in the BIOS settings.  I cannot find BIOS
documentation and this is my first encounter with a UEFI BIOS.  The behavior
changed significantly when I updated the BIOS.  I'm hoping that applied a
Spectre microcode patch.

Reg

Hello!

2 hints:

To persistently enable the "reconfigure", create a file in the installed OI called @/boot/loader.conf.local@ and put @boot-args="-r"@ in there. I have this because i like changing disks and whatever attached peripherals. As you will know a "devfsadm -C -c disk" will remove curently unused device names, so your inserted USBĀ  device *may* get a C1... name after next boot...

You may like to persistently disable the graphical console, then create a file in the installed OI called @/boot/config@ and put @-t@ in there. This is working for me in BIOS boot mode, BUT i don't know if this has an effect in UEFI boot mode..

Stephan