Hi

I have a Qnap NAS and configured NFS which is working fine when mounting on my OI desktop. However I do have a major problem when attempting to browse the Qnap via Network -> Windows Network

When I configure on the Qnap

Enable WINS
Local Master Browser
Enable WS-Discovery to help SMB Clients
     Highest SMB version -> SMB 3
     Lowest SMB version  -> SMB 1

Restrict anonymous users from accessing SMB shared folders -> Disabled

Then it is possible to access the Qnap NAS with smb://nas and see all the shared folders with password access required to access a folder. I can also get a password prompt by using smb://nas/russell. A Linuxmint virtual machine can also access the Qnap NAS in the same way but it like OI can not browse to the NAS.

When I change the Lowest SMB version to SMB 2, the OI can access the Qnap using smb://nas or smb://nas/russell while Linuxmint can not access smb://nas but can when smb://nas/russell is used.

Similarly increasing the Lowest SMB version to SM2.1 and finally SMB 3 will produce similar results in that OI can not access the NAS but the Linuxmint virtual machine is able to access it when smb://nas/russell is used.

Assuming that same Samba code is being used on OI and Linuxmint, do the OI defaults need to be adjusted?

Best Regards

Russell