Hi Thomas,

many thanks. This was my case:

:; grep '"rge' /etc/path_to_inst
"/pci@0,0/pci8086,244e@1e/pci10ec,8169@1" 0 "rge"
"/pci@0,0/pci8086,1e18@1c,4/pci1043,8505@0" 1 "rge"

I will fix it as you have suggested (and remain silent if that has worked)...

With very best regards.

On 23.11.2022 13:06, Thomas Wagner wrote:
Hi Predrag,

instance numbering is made permanent in /etc/path_to_inst

Example:
grep e1000g path_to_inst
"/pci@0,0/pci1af4,1100@3" 0 "e1000g"

So yours schould print something like "grep rge"
"/someonepath" 0 "rge"
"/someotherpath" 1 "rge"

So essentially it is a swap of the single "0" and "1".
You could delete the line with "0" and rename the "1" on
the other line to "0".
The last step is rebuild the boot-archive to include a
copy of the path_to_inst file and then reboot.

bootadm update-archive

Regards
Thomas

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 12:40:32PM +0100, Predrag Zecevic via