Hi,
Coming from Linux, I am a complete beginner on OpenIndiana (with a long year's ago entry level user experience on Solaris 9), so, I'm sorry if my question is maybe too simplistic.

My problem: I added a user but the user can't log in via lightdm in mate. The user can log in via

1. I have started with:

useradd -d /export/home/xyz -m -s /bin/bash xyz

2. I gave a passwd.

3. I added xyz to staff, and I checked the preferences via

logins -x -l xyz

and the output was the same as the default user's which (is able to get into mate) was created during installation.

I searched a bit in the docs but I can't find my failure. Every idea, any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Holger

--
Holger Karsch