On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 08:17:42AM +1000, Carl Brewer wrote:

> Three of them. Have been running OI since it was OS, oh, almost 20 years
> now?  One of my three is about that old too.  Rock solid.
>
> I found I had to use an HDMI "dummy" to get the newer ones to boot.

I wondered if an HDMI console was somehow special.  The system I'm
using has only HDMI and Display Port connectors for a monitor.  It has
no VGA connector.

> One of these :
> https://core-electronics.com.au/hdmi-dummy-plug.html
>
> Otherwise it would lock up OI at boot-time. YMMV.

Thanks for the page.  I'll make sure I get one or two of those plugs.
I expect I'll need them.

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-