On 5/31/23 15:06, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
On Wed, 31 May 2023, Predrag Zečević via openindiana-discuss wrote:

[Parent 1693, IPDL Background] WARNING: fallocate failed to set shm size: Invalid argument: file /jenkins/jobs/oi-userland/workspace/components/web/firefox/firefox-113.0.1/ipc/chromium/src/base/shared_memory_posix.cc:404 [Parent 1693, IPDL Background] WARNING: ftruncate failed to set shm size: No space left on device: file /jenkins/jobs/oi-userland/workspace/components/web/firefox/firefox-113.0.1/ipc/chromium/src/base/shared_memory_posix.cc:407
IPDL protocol error: SharedMemory::Create failed!
Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[C0][GFX1-]: CompositorBridgeChild receives IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown (t=2320.83) Exiting due to channel error.

These errors have to do with available disk space (or a problem with the temporary file directory) rather than RAM.  The fallocate() function does this: "preallocate or deallocate space to a file".  If the filesystem (presumably where temporary files reside) does not support the pre-allocation capability, or the directory is too full, or the file does not exist, then the request will fail.

The ftruncate() error implies that the directory is full.

The mention of a file name 'file' suggests that the software is not even using a correct file path and might in fact just be using the name 'file'.

Bob

Thanks Bob!

That was good one...

I have found this (in /etc/vfstab, probably added very long time ago, only today it has started to "work"):

#device device mount FS fsck mount mount #to mount to fsck point type pass at boot options swap - /tmp tmpfs - yes size=4096m

I will remove tmpfs size option... and reboot. THen I wil lcheck again (tomorrow, most likely).

One more time, thanks for the hint (I was focused on swap only)
Best regards

--
Predrag Zečević