Hi,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 6:33 PM Philip Kime <phi...@kime.org.uk> wrote:

> I have used ipadm to configure an interface via DHCP, which works find.
> However, the DHCP server also provide the DNS server and default domain
> which was not being set on my server. I found that I had entries in
> /etc/resolv.conf which seem to be set by SMF and are repopulated after
> reboot. Two questions:
>
> * Where can I find the dns server and domain settings in SMF? I tried
> looking in dns/client but I can't see config/nameserver property in there.

I wonder if this is nwam. It can also save and restore network settings,
apparently.
Some details are embedded in /lib/svc/method/net-loc and
/lib/svc/method/net-nwam,
but I'm not sure if there's much in the way of accurate documentation.

(But I would start with:
/usr/sbin/nwamcfg list
/usr/sbin/nwamcfg "select loc Automatic ; get -V dns-nameservice-configsrc"
and investigate from there.)

* If delete the SMF settings for server and domain, will the OI dhcp client
> set them as it does on all other OSes on my network?
>
> PK
> --
> Dr Phil. Philip Kime
> BA (Hons) Msc (Dist) PhD