On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 05:14:08PM +0100, Marcel Telka wrote:

> The above comes from desktop/mate/control-center package and is default
> in the C locale, so it seems okay for American English.
>
> Please see:
> https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-control-center/blob/master/mate-control-center.pot#L4725
>
> I assume you use the en_CA locale.  For this locale the string in
> question is not "translated", see:
> https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-control-center/blob/master/po/en_CA.po#L4717
> so you see the default "untranslated" version of the string.

Actually, this particular system uses the en_US locale.  I don't know
why that is.  Clearly, that is part of the problem.  Next time I'll
check the locale, instead of just assuming it.

> If you want to see this fixed, then the best way would be either report
> this or maybe create a PR for the upstream mate-control-center project
> https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-control-center or reach the en_CA
> translation team at https://www.transifex.com/mate/teams/13566/en_CA/ .
>
> The other possibility to have it fixed ASAP is to create a patch for our
> (OpenIndiana) desktop/mate/mate-control-center component at
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland and propose it as a PR.

The word in question is spelled "center" in American English, and
"centre" in British English.  Canada's spelling is somewhere in
between, if that is posible.  I don't know if there is an official
spelling in Canada, or in anyplace for that matter.  I certainly don't
want to impose my personal views on other people.

--
-Gary Mills-            -refurb-                -Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada-