The driver does all this work.  Basically, it has to for allowing
mutliple users.  Responses that come in to the msg buffer will come in
as responses.  Commands that come in to the msg buffer will come to the
application that has registered to receive the message via the
IPMICTL_REGISTER_FOR_CMD ioctl.

-Corey