I'm not exactly sure what this means, where did you get this code? A few
notes here:

    * ipmi_sensor_get_normal_min gets a double value, so you should
      really be comparing with floating point values.
    * 0 (or really 0.0) and negative values are valid sensor minimums.
    * 0 (or 0.0, I guess) is a valid value.

When getting a reading, you should check
ipmi_set_sensor_scanning_enabled() and friends to make sure the data is
valid. I would imagine that scanning is disabled when the machine is
off, so the values are not useful.

-corey