I am very impressed with the JavaFX properties and bindings functionality
and feel that it is far more general in scope than just a UI toolkit like
JavaFX.  For me, I think the entire feature should be moved to a standard
Java package so that it can readily be used in non-JavaFX applications.

Is there any reason such as threading issues or some form of functional
dependency that would prevent JavaFX properties and bindings being used in a
non-JavaFX application such as a server-side component?  My testing seems to
suggest that they work just fine outside of a JavaFX context but I would
like to be sure.

Any thoughts on extracting this functionality from JavaFX and moving it to a
more general location in the Java package hierarchy?

Thanks,

-jct