On 8/13/2013 7:17 PM, Werner Lehmann wrote:
Artem,

we already tested with 7u40 b35 - same thing:

Java Web Start 10.40.2.35
Using JRE version 1.7.0_40-ea-b35 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
runTest in AWT-EventQueue-2
jfx button click in JavaFX Application Thread
invokeLater from jfx button click in AWT-EventQueue-0
jbutton click in AWT-EventQueue-2
jfx button click in JavaFX Application Thread
invokeLater from jfx button click in AWT-EventQueue-0
jbutton click in AWT-EventQueue-2

OK. Thanks for confirmation. It's not related to AWT changes then.

Yesterday I spent an hour trying to understand, what thread group JavaFX event thread is created in. It seems there is no consistency between Windows, X11, and Mac OS X, which can be the source of the problems you observe.

Multiple AWT event dispatch threads is not a bug, it's a valid case, when running as an applet or as a JNLP application. The bug is when applet/application code is run on the wrong EDT, and this is what we have here.

BTW, it's not related to merging Swing and JavaFX threads, so we should either change the subject, or start a new discussion :)

Thanks,

Artem

Werner