Hi Richard,

I do not know enough about font technology to be able to identify exactly
what the nature of the difference between native and JavaFX font rendering
is.  All I can really say is that there *is* a difference firstly and
secondly that the fonts rendered by JavaFX don't look as aesthetically
pleasing as the native ones.  I guess they do not look as crisp (i.e. appear
a little bit fuzzy) and some of the glyphs appear to not be quite right in
the sense that they are blurry and almost see-through.

This reminds me of a problem I have had in developing UIs with Java over the
years namely that it's really hard to get a Java application to look like a
native one.  I had hoped that this problem would be solved with JavaFX but
it appears that it's still going to be obvious to the end user that my
JavaFX application is just that: a Java application and not a native one.

I believe that subtle differences in the rendering quality of fonts are
noticeable to the user, even if they do not know why their app does not look
quite right.

Felipe, are you able to say if what we have with JavaFX font rendering on
Windows currently is as good as it is going to get or are there further
enhancements planned?

Thanks,

-jct