Btw, making ImageView and MediaView resizable is filed as https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-10610

-- Kevin

John Hendrikx wrote:
+1 on the ImageView case... getting ImageViews to resize properly, like a Button or other node would, is tricky and often gives unexpected results or doesn't behave the same in all cases. A custom Wrapper class mitigates the problem somewhat, but I can't help thinking, why isn't there a proper resizable Image node that I can dump in any layout I want?