Would IllegalStateException be better here? Usually UOE is for operations that are simply not supported by the class in question. In this case, the operation is only unsupported if the camera on the scene (i.e., the state of an object) is of a certain type which can change at runtime.

I'm OK either way, just want it to be a deliberate decision.

-- Kevin

Pavel Safrata wrote:
As I've said, we intend to fix it in the future, so the situation should not be impossible. It is mostly used that way in the existing code, but there definitely are precedents for throwing it just temporarily. For instance:

nodeOrientationProperty().getCssMetaData:
        throw new UnsupportedOperationException("Not supported yet.");

or

MeshView.impl_computeContains():
        throw new UnsupportedOperationException("Not supported yet.");
(internal but directly accessible to users via contains())

Pavel