What is the difference?

Dialog d = new Dialog() {
   public void onClose() {
      Platform.exitNestedEventLoop();
   }
Platform.enterNestedEventLoop();

Steve

On 2013-11-13 5:28 AM, Tom Schindl wrote:
What bothers me with the API as it is today is that I have call
enter/exit, I would find it more easy to work with an API like:

-------8<-------
WaitCondition c = new WaitCondition();
Dialog d = new Dialog() {
    public void onClose() {
       c.release();
    }
}
Platform.spinNestedEventLoop(c);
------->8-------

Tom

On 13.11.13 11:18, Artem Ananiev wrote:
I also think it's a good request for public API. In AWT/Swing, people
had been using ugly workarounds with modal dialogs just to enter a
nested event loop, until public java.awt API was finally provided:

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/awt/SecondaryLoop.html

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/awt/EventQueue.html#createSecondaryLoop()

The same is here in JavaFX: unless Toolkit.enter/exitNestedEventLoop()
is exposed at javafx.* level, people will have to workaround it by using
Stage, or calling into com.sun.javafx.*, which is not good.

Thanks,

Artem