Related JIRA issue: https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-17646

Uni-directional binding is possible using ${path.to.property} syntax (see http://docs.oracle.com/javafx/2/api/javafx/fxml/doc-files/introduction_to_fxml.html#expression_binding)

-Martin

On 01/20/2014 08:42 PM, Richard Bair wrote:
Sadly, still not possible :-(. Though I still think it's a great way to go!

On Jan 20, 2014, at 7:45 PM, Christian Schudt <christian.sch...@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi together,

I just (re-)read Richard's excellent article
http://fxexperience.com/2011/10/fxml-why-it-rocks-and-the-next-phase/

He talks about "the next phase" in FXML being the Presentation Model and the
use of bidirectional binding in FXML.

I really like to make use of it because I think it's "the way to go" and better
than MVC pattern. (I've worked with PM pattern in Flex/MXML and it was really
comfortable.)

Now this article is 2.5 years old and I wonder, what's the current state of "the
next phase", i.e. bi-directional binding in FXML or at least uni-directional binding.

I just tried the proposed syntax out and it doesn't work with Java 8, so I
assume it's still not possible!?

Thanks for answer,
Best regard,

Christian