Hi Martin

While I agree your proposed solution would work, I still don’t understand why
JavaFX should keep on supporting duplicates in listener collections. Can anyone
come up with just 1 example of an application that might be depending on having
two listeners on the same Observable? E.g. this kind of code:

myObservable.addListener(myChangeListener); //add it
myObservable.addListener(myChangeListener); //add it again

In what kind of situation would this sort of code make any sense?

If we all feel confident that the presence of duplicates listeners is always an
error, I warmly recommend changing the API to be duplicate free.

Yours

Randahl