On 02/21/2014 05:36 PM, Aliaksei Kishko wrote:
2) The abstract class Parent has private ObservableList<Node> children and
protected ObservableList<Node> getChildren(), but ChoiceBox, ComboBox,
SplitMenuButton, GridPane, Accordion, TabPane, ScrollPane etc.  - they all
are Parent too, but don't use children and have different containers:
children, items, panes,  content etc... I would like to have one way to get
children.
This is intended and it's because controls (and anything that directly derives from Parent or Region) manage their children themselves. So it's usually just the model you set for the control and you don't have to worry about the actual Nodes being created for you.

4) All of Number property classes, for example IntegerProperty,
FloatProperty, DoubleProperty etc   implement Property<Number>... Why not
<Integer>, <Float>, <Double> etc.?
I can't use it in collaboration with StringConverter<Number> - I need use
accordingly StringConverter<Integer>, StringConverter<Float>,
StringConverter<Double>...

See https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-26437. We've tried to change this, but unfortunately it was too late. You can use *Value() calls on the Number to get the value you want.

-Martin