It can and should. See my previous post. If there is no JIRA for this, then please create one.

Thanks,
Steve

On 2014-03-05 6:18 PM, Tom Schindl wrote:
The question the is why fairly all other toolkits use point in their APIs.

Some examples:
* Qt: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qfont.html#QFont-2
* Cocoa:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSFont_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/occ/clm/NSFont/fontWithName:size:
* Pango:
https://developer.gnome.org/pango/stable/pango-Fonts.html#pango-font-description-set-size
* AWT:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/awt/Font.html#Font%28java.lang.String,%20int,%20int%29
* SWT:
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fapi%2Forg%2Feclipse%2Fswt%2Fgraphics%2FFont.html

Why can't JavaFX not at least provide a font-API to create fonts with point?

Tom