Hi Randhal,

The reasons are captured in the description of RT-31746 <https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-31746> which was the JIRA used to track this change in FX 8. The fact that Color wasn't final was an unfortunate oversight in FX 2.

-- Kevin

Randahl Fink Isaksen wrote:
After upgrading to FX8, the framework I have been developing since the early access release of JavaFX three years ago is now broken.
My framework has some really cool features for working with color, which relies
on our own class PaletteColor which extends javafx.scene.paint.Color.

Why would you, after three years, make the Color class final, thereby breaking
backwards compatibility?

I would really like to know the thoughts behind that decision.

Yours

Randahl