Hi everyone,

I'm have some problems mixing transparency and drop-shadow together. Suppose I
want to create a transparent white rectangle with a subtle drop-shadow effect.
If I create a rectangle with a transparent white fill and a light grey
drop-shadow, I get something like in the left picture (with a red rectangle
added to show the transparency):

http://i.imgur.com/DSAPckE.png

What I want is something like in the right picture, i.e. the drop-shadow is
just around the outside and doesn't colour the entire rectangle grey.

In the right picture I "fixed" things by splitting the rectangle into two
rectangles in the same position, one with a null fill and drop-shadow, and one
with a transparent white fill and no drop-shadow.

The problem is when I have a large group of shapes and other nodes that I want
to apply a single drop-shadow to, this kind of "fix" becomes impossible or at
least extremely inelegant.

Is there any nice way to apply a drop-shadow only to the edges of an object?

Thanks in advance,
Rob