Hi Jeff,

I see what you're trying to achieve. I don't believe we've implemented anything specifically to support this case. No, I wouldn't expect to receive the OnMouseDragOver event in this case because it's only sent to a drop target when the mouse cursor is moving above it. In your case the button being dragged and the mouse cursor never move relative to each other, and hence the DragOver event just can't happen.

Do regular mouse events get delivered to the button? I suppose they don't... Well...

A hackish and extremely ineffective way to implement this would be to poll the current mouse pointer position using AWT APIs (MouseInfo) on a standalone thread and move the custom drag view accordingly. Or wait till RT-35812 is implemented.

--
best regards,
Anthony