What I meant was that I don't like that you have to be aware from library code that calling setXXX(value) screws up CSS so you have to use applyStyle(null, value). I wish there was some way of knowing that the setXXX is happening inside library code so this kind of usage wasn't an issue.

It would be best to have a bug to track this.