I haven't seen this, but here's a hack you can try:

        // Show stage transparent once to get proper drawing
        _stage.setOpacity(0); _stage.show(); _stage.hide();
_stage.setOpacity(1);

I've done this before to trigger Stage to set it's width/height property (which
I needed to position the stage property).

jeff