Thanks Danno I do not use netbeans just Ant script for my build. So any way to
set the javaFX Deploy ant script to tell the pkg file to deploy to the
applications folder?

Thanks Again,
-Tony

On Sunday, June 15, 2014 3:36 PM, Danno Ferrin <danno.fer...@oracle.com> wrote:

On Jun 15, 2014, at 11:32 AM, Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks Danno I figured there might be new arguments. And also thanks for
working on making it easier for all of us.
>I did notice that the pkg file created did not install into the applications
>folder. How does one get it to do that? Is there a new argument for that also?

This is the “SystemWide” argument, which IIRC netbeans sets to false by
default, this is NetBeans doing and not the packager.  I still don’t understand
why they invert that default.  And it’s a pain to configure.

On your project, RMC and select properties.  Go to build/deployment and turn on
the advanced JavaFX properties.  There is a scary dialog about changing the
project files format.  Save a backup first.

Now it re-loads the project.  Go to the same dialog and about 2/3 of the way
down is a checkbox “Install Permanently,” check it.

If you use the CLI or the Ant files w/o NetBeans help it is set to system wide
by default, it is the JavaFX project (which makes sensible decisions for a
webstart-centric app) that makes things confusing.