Great post Jonathan. The summary is that whatever direction we take, we'll have a plan for the future. So if we run out of time and provide only a very scaled back API, we'll have prototyped how it can evolve to handle more complex cases.

Steve

On 2014-06-20, 12:37 AM, Jonathan Giles wrote:
Hi all,

Dialogs are something everyone wants, and also something most people seem to have an opinion on! JavaFX 8u40 will have dialogs, but what form they take (API-wise) is not yet defined. I've posted a relatively long discussion on this over at FX Experience [1] and your feedback is highly welcome. As I note in the blog post, the Jira issue for this feature is RT-12643. If you have any thoughts, please do post them there (rather than spam the many good people subscribed to openjfx-dev).

[1] http://fxexperience.com/2014/06/bringing-dialogs-to-javafx/

Thanks!