Hi Robert,
I think this is the JIRA issue you are looking for: https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-19183

This might be a good candidate for 8u40 actually...

-Martin

On 06/26/2014 01:10 PM, Robert Krüger wrote:
Hi,

right now, I am doing this to prevent stage windows to be resizable in
a way that cuts off their contained scene's content:

         final Scene scene = new Scene(pane);
         stage.setScene(scene);
         stage.setTitle(getClass().getSimpleName());
         stage.sizeToScene();

         // ensure that the window can not be resized to smaller than
the minsize of its scene
         Runnable updateMinSize = () -> {
             stage.setMinWidth(scene.getRoot().minWidth(scene.getHeight()));
             stage.setMinHeight(scene.getRoot().minHeight(scene.getWidth())
+ DECORATIONS_HEIGHT);
         };

         stage.setOnShown((e) -> updateMinSize.run());
         stage.widthProperty().addListener((obs, oldVal, newVal) ->
updateMinSize.run());
         stage.heightProperty().addListener((obs, oldVal, newVal) ->
updateMinSize.run());
         stage.show();

This feels somewhat odd (and the constant for window decoration's
height is ugly but maybe I am missing the clean way to retrieve it)
for something that should be a common requirement (in all of our
applications it is usually considered a bug when a window/dialog does
not enforce this).

Shouldn't there be a method like
stage.setRespectContentMinSize(boolean respect) or something similar?
Am I missing something obvious that is already there?

Thanks for any insights.

Robert