Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I will probably start playing around with the TextFlow approach as I have to make another similar control for variable substitution in a text that needs typing to be possible in multiple places and I may be able to implement both using one approach.
On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Jonathan Giles <[email protected]> wrote: > ControlsFX has a CustomTextField component that allows for nodes to be > placed on the left / right of a normal TextField, without overlapping the > text. I would probably use that internally along with some custom code to > render the individual tags in an HBox on the left. > > -- Jonathan > > > On 8/09/2014 8:02 p.m., Robert Krüger wrote: >> >> Hi, >> >> how would one go about implementing (i.e. use which api) a tagging >> control (e.g. like http://xoxco.com/projects/code/tagsinput/) in JFX >> or is this already available in an existing extension library? >> >> Is this easily done with a bit of text parsing and CSS magic or as >> fiddely as building a rich text editor or does it even make sense to >> build this by integrating a web component and using an existing >> javascript-based solution (which feels a bit odd)? >> >> Thanks in advance for any opinions/pointers. >> >> Robert > > -- Robert Krüger Managing Partner Lesspain GmbH & Co. KG www.lesspain-software.com
