Relative to https://javafx-jira.kenai.com/browse/RT-38640, I propose to add the following method to Region:

    /**
* An implementation may specify its own user-agent styles for this Region, and its children, * by overriding this method. These styles are used in addition to whatever user-agent stylesheets * are in use. This provides a mechanism for third parties to introduce styles for custom controls.
     * @return A string URL
     */
    public string getUAStylesheet()

Note: an alternative is to make Control method getUserAgentStylesheet public and move it to Region. But I'm not sure about binary compatibility and, in the interest of time, I'm putting this API out there. The reasons for putting this API on Region is eloquently stated by Jonathan in the JIRA issue.