Hello.

A customer submitted me a problem concerning a Java WebStart applet made with JavaFX (JDK 1.7.0_45): the thing works, but at the beginning the rendering in the browser is such that a number of pixels are off the rendered area at the right and bottom borders. The problem happens with Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows 8, even though by different pixel amounts. Just clicking with the mouse anywhere cause a re-computation of the layout so everything is ok.

I can't review all of the code, so I focused on the FXML and worked on it by removing unneeded stuff and making sure that PREFERRED_SIZE is used whenever it makes sense. But the problem is always there. At this point, I think that a reasonable workaround would be to force a layout re-computation just after the initialization... but how am I supposed to do that?

On a second instance, I'd like to understand what's wrong.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."