On 12/19/14, 12:02 PM, Sven Reimers wrote:

So,  the community challenge is to rewrite this beast to make it run smoothly
on a pi?

If someone wants to look for hot spots (profiling and such), then that
certainly would help. And after that, perhaps some donated code would be nice
:-)

The app is nicely designed in some ways - easily extensible and such, but for a
smaller device, those design features don't fit as well.

In the modern world of app design, it really makes sense to create a clean app,
and then speed it up. I know that I have found that early optimization is
problematic as I was often wrong at where the choke points were. Ensemble was
made on and for the desktop CPU, and it shows in startups time.

Dave

-Sven

Am 19.12.2014 17:47 schrieb "David Hill" <david.h...@oracle.com