Oh, yes.  Mac has it's own Applicaiton class.  Here's the imports for the
second file...

import com.apple.eawt.AppEvent;
import com.apple.eawt.Application;
import java.io.File;
import java.util.List;
import javax.swing.SwingUtilities;

The com.apple.eawt stuff is shipped with Oracle JRE and JDK, but like I said in
my previous mail you need to pass a flag to the compiler to turn off it's index
and read the jar.

The JavaDoc has gone MIA though --
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8027638 but you can peruse the source
code to see the details, it's all OpenJDK -
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u40/jdk/file/564bca490631/src/macosx/classes/com/apple/eawt