On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 01:21:29 +0100, Felix Bembrick <felix.bembr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I really admire guys like this and wish that my own personal circumstances enabled me to get involved in a similar way but my main concern is that the
"community" required to make JavaFX truly viable on iOS, Android and ARM
needs to be about 50-100 times bigger than it currently is.  Without an

It's my concern too. At this point we're at 20 years of Java, and I lived them from the very beginning. The idea "the community will fix it" is a déjà vu that, unfortunately, says that in the past the thing didn't work many times.

This doesn't mean I'm necessarily in a fatalistic mood. When my RPI2 arrives, I'll try the option you and others suggested.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."