Right. If you wanted to revive the unofficial OpenJFX bitbucket mirror for your own experiments, that is certainly something you could do (subject to the GPLv2 + CLASSPATH license terms).

For those patches to then be incorporated into the openjfx repos on hg.openjdk.java.net they need to go through the existing openjdk mechanism (which requires a signed OCA) as patches / webrevs, just like any other openjdk project. We cannot take patches directly from a BitBucket repo.

-- Kevin

Jonathan Giles wrote:
There was a mirror, but it was unofficial and one-way (OpenJDK -> BitBucket). I believe (although my memory may be failing me) that it was operated by Danno, so he might have more to say.

In regards to fork / pull-request vs patch-file, I have no arguments there. Of course, OpenJFX is part of the OpenJDK, and therefore makes use of the OpenJDK infrastructure. My main point is that any movement regarding infrastructure is guided by an over-arching infrastructure team, in conjunction with the OpenJDK masters. OpenJFX can't work independent of this.

-- Jonathan