On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:04:28 +0100, David Hill <david.h...@oracle.com> wrote:

On 3/25/15, 3:28 PM, Fabrizio Giudici wrote:

Two possibilities -

Did you up the allocated vram ? (I think this might not be a factor on newer Raspbians, they were going to a dynamic split).

Does X11 fill the full screen when it runs  ?

It would be interesting to know what FX thinks the screen is sized at, -Dprism.verbose=true

Ok, I think I got it. Looking at /boot/config.txt I saw:

# NOOBS Auto-generated Settings:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
config_hdmi_boost=4
overscan_left=24
overscan_right=24
overscan_top=16
overscan_bottom=16
disable_overscan=1
gpu_mem=256

I commented out all the overscan_* and set disable_overscan=0. Launching startx, I see that the graphics covers the full screen (some pixels are clipped out, so X11 would really require some overscan, even though a smaller amount). But now JavaFX covers the full screen. Also for JavaFX there are some pixels clipped out. This is not a problem for me: I think that it's up to the JavaFX application to correct for overscan, by simply putting some space around the true contents.

So, the thing now is fine for me. But I think that there is a real bug: JavaFX is not correctly computing the screen area when there's that overscan settings. It's probably a low priority one - maybe it would just make sense to warn people about it.

The mouse is ok, it was probably a connection fault. The keyboard navigation of buttons is still not working - still investigating.

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect @ Tidalwave s.a.s.
"We make Java work. Everywhere."